- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and grease two 8 inch cake tins.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar together, then add the eggs, flour and baking powder.
- Spread the mix evenly between the 2 cake tins.
- Place both tins in the middle of the preheated oven for 20 minutes, before checking with a knife. When the knife comes out clean, it's ready!
- Allow to cool in the tins before moving them onto a cooling rack.
- Add the jam, stack, dust with icing sugar and serve with a big dollop of cream. Enjoy!
A traditional Victoria sponge cake, perfect for any afternoon with a cup of tea.