- Mix the egg yolks, sugar, and cornstarch with 1/3 of the milk.
- In a saucepan, boil 2/3 of the milk with the lemon peel and cinnamon.
- After 3 minutes, remove from the heat and take out the lemon and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the egg mixture to the hot milk through a strainer to ensure there are no lumps.
- Return it to the heat until it boils, stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture has begun to thicken, remove from the heat and put it into individual bowls to cool.
- For an authentic finish, sprinkle with sugar and brown with a blowtorch or under a preheated broiler to caramelize.
Enjoy this sweet recipe for one of the oldest desserts in Europe. It requires very few ingredients!